Tips/Changes I made:
- I got wheat hamburger buns and simply 'cut' them down to size by putting a jar over the bun and twisting it until the excess came off.
- I used turkey bacon instead of regular and I didn't chop them up and mix them in with the meat, i just layed it on the burger.
- Keep the avocado ranch on the side instead of on the burger....you may prefer mayo, ketchup, or mustard with this burger.
- I put a few tablespoons of liquid Dale's seasoning to the meat to try and give it more of a 'burger' taste.
- I broiled the burgers in the oven rather than grilling them. About 8-10 minutes on each side.
2 pounds ground turkey
1 small onion
1 tablespoon hot sauce
2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
salt and pepper
1 cup sour cream
juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
a small handful of fresh chives, finely chopped
a small handful of fresh dill, finely chopped
a small handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
16 slices good-quality white or whole wheat bread
lettuce leaves, for serving
2 plum or vine-ripened tomatoes, thinly sliced
Preheat an outdoor grill or griddle pan to medium high. Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and the bacon to the pan and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels to cool, then chop.
While the bacon cooks, place the turkey in a large bowl. Grate the onion on top of the turkey to get 3 to 4 tablespoons onion juice. Add the hot sauce, poultry seasoning, salt and lots of pepper. Add the cooked bacon, mix and form 8 slider patties, about 2 1/2 to 3 inches wide. Drizzle with olive oil to coat lightly. Cook on the grill or griddle, turning once, until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
While the sliders cook, preheat the broiler. Place the avocado in a food processor. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, chives, dill and parsley; season with salt and pepper. Process into a smooth, thick sauce.
Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out rounds of bread (or trim 1 inch of crust all the way around the bread slices to form small squares); discard the crusts.* Arrange the bread on a baking sheet and toast under the broiler. Serve the bacon-turkey sliders with the lettuce, tomatoes and avocado-ranch sauce between the toasts.