Tips/Changes I made:
- I used Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips....quality is important when it comes to chocolate.
- I substituted the sugar for Stevia (a natural, zero calorie artificial sweetener)
- Next time I will top the ganache with a sugar free raspberry drizzle.
- I used 1/4 cup egg beaters instead of 1 egg
- Check the cake after 20 minutes in the oven. I think mine over baked and was a little dry the next day, but still yummy with the ganache.
6 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 cup Cool Whip Free
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the cake:
Preheat oven to 350º. Mix dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. In a blender combine water, egg and blueberries. Blend until smooth. Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture. Beat with a mixer, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally. Pour into a greased 8x8 square pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cake cool in the pan for 10–15 minutes, then invert it to serving plate. Top with ganache.
For the ganache:
In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and whipped topping. Microwave for 30–60 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.